May 06
how to be a virtual assistant asap

How to Be a Virtual Assistant ASAP

Today, I received this email. It said:

Hello mommy Tasha,

I want to be a Virtual Professional asap πŸ™‚ I am a father of two kids and a loving husband to my wife. I am from Muntinlupa CIty. I have been following Mr. Jomar Hilario since 2012 and was able to purchase his downloadable seminar ( i think VA 101 ) last December 2012. I was living in Cebu that time finishing up my pilot studies hoping to become an airline pilot someday. I lived in Cebu from 2012 till September 2013. I never got the chance to listen to the VA 101 I purchased.

Last April 9, 2016 I was able to attend Jomar's live seminar "How to start your Virtual Career seminar" at Rosewood in Taguig. I was there 8 am till 5 pm and also bought his book. I am now halfway through his book, "Virtual Careers".

I hope hope you can guide me on how to make the first steps in starting a Virtual Professional career. Right now I am also teaching online English to Japanese students.

Your advise is much appreciated.​

From someone πŸ™‚

Thank you for taking the time to email me. πŸ™‚

It's great that you have taken the first step in your Virtual Career. You are teaching English online which is a huge asset because you will mostly be conversing with your online clients in English. The interviews (when you get one, because sometimes they don't interview you anymore) are mostly in English too so you are now one step ahead of many of your competitors.

It's also great that you took some of Jomar Hilario's courses. I took them too before I started my Virtual Career journey and I am still taking more courses now to improve myself.​

How do you become a Virtual Assistant ASAP?

To answer your question, ​you can't be a Virtual Assistant ASAP.

Virtual Assistants are made and not born. Just like how you started with your job now as an Online English Teacher. However, what I can tell you from my point of view is that it is easier to be a Virtual Assistant than it is to be an Online English Teacher but being a Virtual Assistant is more rewarding.

You see, in order for you to be an Online English Teacher, you have to be great in English because you will need to teach. In my world as a Virtual Assistant, having good English skills is good enough.

how to become a virtual assistant asap

​What you need to have in order to be a Virtual Assistant is a BIG WHY. WHY do you want to be a Virtual Assistant?

After you have answered that, what you need now is to study. ​Check and see what Virtual Assistants do. You need to be an expert in searching Google for information. Watch You Tube videos.

Also, you are now a subscriber of my email course in this blog. In that email course, I teach about how to become a Virtual Assistant. What have you learned so far?

Lastly, you need to take ACTION. Taking the courses and researching about being a Virtual Assistant is just 10% of your journey. The other 90% is TAKING ACTION.

Did you do the activities on the courses you took?

Did you take the lessons to heart and applied them in your life?

Have you applied for online jobs in upwork.com or onlinejobs.ph?​

When I took Jomar Hilario's IVS 2015 course, I applied the lessons and applied for jobs right away. In one month, I got my first client in Upwork. After a month of having a part time online job and a full time job as a Quality Analyst in a BPO company, I resigned from my full time job.

I earned the same amount of money working only around 5 hours a day in my Virtual Assistant job.​ I can earn probably more if I increase my rate now. πŸ™‚

action

You see, studying and planning is useless if you don't take action.

​So now I have a question for you, what did you do now after taking those courses? Have you done the activities yet? Email me again for your answer, or better yet, comment below! πŸ™‚